Resolving Guest access issues using Linksys Connect
This article will guide you on how to resolve Guest access issues using Linksys Connect.
Before you begin
Before you begin
- Make sure you have active internet access on all devices connected to the network.
Below are factors that explain why you’re having issues connecting to the Guest network.
1. Your device is connected to the main WiFi instead of the Guest WiFi.
Once you have completed the setup of your router, you will have two WiFi names: one for the main network and the other for the Guest network (with the -guest suffix). The Guest network appears to be unsecured when you search for WiFi. However, it would prompt for the Guest password once you open a web browser.
2. You used the WiFi password or Admin password instead of the Guest password.
The Guest password is unique. It is different from the main WiFi password or the Admin password.
The Guest password is for WiFi devices that connect to the Guest network. When you connect to the Guest network, you will be prompted for the password when you open a web browser. Enter the Guest password when the prompt appears.
To learn more about the various passwords used to manage and secure your network or account, click here.
3. You are not prompted with the Guest Sign-in screen
If you are connected to the Guest network and you are not prompted with the Guest Sign-in screen when opening a browser, perform the following:
- Try accessing the internet using a different browser.
- Clear your web browser’s cache. To do this, refer to your browser’s Help or documentation files.
- Check if your connection with the router is active by connecting your device to the main WiFi.
- Check if you have an active internet connection by directly connecting your computer to the modem.
QUICK TIP: The Guest password cannot be disabled while the Guest access feature is ON.
Disabling the Guest network of your Linksys Wi-Fi Router and gateway using Linksys Connect
How to enable and configure the Guest access using Linksys Connect
Guest Network Frequently Asked Questions