Getting to know the Linksys RE6400 BOOST WiFi Range Extender
The Linksys RE6400 BOOST WiFi Range Extender has a plug-in format factor that allows the product to be plugged into a power outlet. The Linksys RE6400 can easily increase the range of a WiFi with two non-detachable external antennas that provide range extension. To learn more about this product, click here.
- AC1200 dual-band concurrent (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) extender
- Supports up to 1.2 Gbps WiFi speeds
- IEEE 802.11ac
- Access point mode
- Range extender mode
- Two external, non-detachable antennas
- 2x2 Spatial Streams
- One gigabit ethernet port with auto MDIX-sensing
- Browser-based Setup
- Spot Finder technology
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- WiFi Security
- Cross-Band technology
- Beamforming technology
- Dimensions and weight:
- Height: 1.56 in (3.96 cm)
- Length: 4.68 in (11.89 cm)
- Width: 3.51 in (8.92 cm)
- Weight: 0.47 lb (.21 kg)
- Buttons, port, and light:
- Side panel:
- WPS button – Use the WPS technology to add wireless devices automatically and securely to your network.
- Reset button – Press and hold for 10 seconds to reset the range extender to factory defaults.
- Bottom panel:
- Gigabit ETHERNET port – This port is used to connect wired clients such as computers or media servers when the Linksys RE6400 is in Range Extender mode or connect to a router when it is in Access Point mode.
- Front panel:
- Power / WPS light – This displays the status of the Linksys RE6400 based on the light's behavior (OFF, blinking, or solid) and color.
|Power Light||Status / Description|
1. Make sure your router has an internet connection and WiFi is powered ON.
2. If the router is in order, unplug the extender, move it closer to the router, plug it back in, wait one minute, and reconnect to your network.
|Ethernet Light||Status / Description|
|An ethernet device is connected and active. The light blinks when the extender is sending or receiving data over the ethernet port.|
- An active WiFi connection is required
- An ethernet cable (if using the Linksys RE6400 in Access Point mode)
- AC power outlet
- For browser configuration:
- Internet Explorer® 8 or higher
- Safari® 5.1 or higher
- Chrome™ 25.0 or higher
- Firefox® 20 or higher
- Linksys RE6400
- Quick start guide
- Regulatory information