- Prompting for a password when clicking the storage link’s icon in network neighborhood
Below are the possible reasons why there is a password prompt when clicking the storage link icon in network neighborhood:
• Your Windows or Mac computer login name is recognized by the storage link, but your login password is not.
• Your Windows or Mac computer login name is not recognized by the storage link, and is defaulting to guest access rights.
• You do not have access permission.
• Logging in to different share on the storage using a different account that does not have access to other folders.
To resolve this, follow the troubleshooting steps below:
If your login password is not being recognized by the storage link, enter your password or make your Windows or Mac computer password the same as the storage link’s password.
If the storage link is defaulting to guest access rights, create a user name. Use the same name as your login name.
If you do not have access permissions, ask the network administrator to add your account to a group that has permission.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.