The Linksys cloud account is a free service bundled with the Linksys Smart WiFi Routers (E4200v2, EA2700, EA3500, EA4500, and EA6500). This allows you to configure your router settings locally or remotely over the internet.
In setting up your Linksys Smart WiFi Router to have the Linksys cloud account, you can upgrade the firmware manually using the classic view or through the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page.
If you are having issues when setting up your OS X® Mountain Lion 10.8 or OS X Mavericks 10.9 to have the Linksys app, make sure your Linksys Smart WiFi Router is compatible by checking the table below.
|Linksys Smart WiFi Router||Compatibility with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)||Compatibility with OS X Mavericks (10.9)|
- If you are unable to complete the installation of the Linksys app for your Linksys Smart WiFi Router when using the Mountain Lion operating system, verify if your computer complies with the minimum system requirements.
- If you are encountering errors with your Linksys cloud account, you can try resolving them.
- If you are having difficulties in opening the local access interface of a Linksys Smart WiFi Router, try fixing the issue.
- You can try to reboot and reset your router to factory settings using your Linksys cloud account.
- You can also try to roll back the router's firmware to the classic web-based setup page.
Adding devices to your network
The Linksys cloud account provides you with the best WiFi experience by connecting wireless devices such as smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, cameras, and wireless printers to the internet easier.