The Linksys Smart WiFi setup allows you to configure your router to help you connect to the internet. You can also personalize the WiFi settings to connect more computers and devices easily.
At the end of the installation, a copy of your WiFi settings is saved to your desktop to allow you to connect other WiFi devices to your network.
The setup wizard will not install any software on your computer. It is only used to configure the router’s internet and WiFi settings.
1. Download the Linksys Smart WiFi setup wizard from its specific product page below.
2. Scroll down on your product's support page and under the DOWNLOADS / FIRMWARE section, click Download Software.
3. Click the hardware version of your device.
4. Click the Download link of the file that you need.
5. Once the download is complete, double-click the setup file.
6. Click on the links to review the License Terms and Additional License information. Check the box to accept them and click Next on the screen.
7. The next window will provide you with step-by-step instructions for the setup. Follow the onscreen instructions in connecting your router and computer. Click to proceed.
If you need more help, click on the Show me how button. This will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to connect your router to the computer.
A progress bar will appear showing the setup process. Do not close this window.
8. The next screen will provide you with your Wireless network name (SSID) and Wireless password. The Linksys Smart WiFi setup wizard will automatically generate random values for each field but you have the option to change them. Once you have decided on your WiFi settings, click Next.
9. The setup wizard will identify the type of internet connection being used and then, click Next.
If you are a DSL subscriber, a new window may appear and ask you for your user account details. You may ask your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for these.
10. A screen will appear showing the router’s installation finishing setup. Wait for the prompt that you are now connected to the internet.
A Congratulations, your router is set up! screen will appear showing the router has completed the setup. You can write down the router settings.
For easier reference, your router settings are also saved in a notepad file on your desktop.
11. Click Continue to log in to your Linksys cloud account.
12. Enter your Email Address and Password then click Sign In. If you do not have a Linksys cloud account, you can access your Linksys Smart WiFi through a web browser instead.
It is important that you remember your email and password to access the Linksys Smart WiFi homepage.
13. Another window will appear asking you to associate your Linksys cloud account to your router. Enter the Router Password and click OK.
You will now be able to access the Linksys Smart WiFi homepage and configure your settings.
Expanding your network
You can also extend the range of your WiFi network, especially in situations that require you to do so. This is done through the use of other networking devices from Linksys like switches, Powerline adapters, WiFi bridges and range extenders. You may also check different devices that you can use to extend your network.
Find out more:
Overview of the Linksys cloud account