Requirements for the Linksys Aware feature:
- Latest Linksys app
- A Linksys cloud account
- A parent node. The parent node must be one of the following (hardware version 1 or version 2):
- You need three or more devices to determine location-specific motion: the parent node (one Linksys WHW03xx or A03xx) and at least two or more WiFi devices (either child nodes or smart home devices).
- For generic motion sensing, you can use one Linksys WHW03xx or A03xx parent node and at least one or more WiFi devices (either a child node or a smart home device).
- At the moment, non-tri-band nodes can report motion, but smart home devices connected to those nodes cannot report motion. Only one subscription to Linksys Aware is allowed for one network under one account.
1. Log in to the Linksys app with your Linksys cloud account.
2. On the dashboard screen, tap the Linksys Aware banner or tap on the menu icon then select Linksys Aware.
You can also go to the Account section of the Linksys app and tap on the Learn More button for Linksys Aware.
3. Select the subscription and tap on the Subscribe button to start your 90-day free trial. If you have a promotional code, tap on Have an activation code?, and scan your QR code.
4. You will receive an email verification about your subscription. For iOS, tap Confirm to proceed with your payment.
For Android™, tap BUY to proceed with your payment.
5. Depending on what is on your network after you subscribe, you will either land on the Linksys Aware Live View screen (which is ready to use) or will be instructed to continue to add devices.
Depending on what you are redirected to, tap on either the See Devices I Can Add button or the Check for Compatible Devices button to scan your network for compatible devices and start adding devices for motion sensing. You can select up to three devices per node.
If you land on the Live View dashboard, and you want to add devices, simply tap on the menu on the upper right-hand side and click on Add smart home device, select the devices, and click Add.