- Checking the WVC11B’s Network Connection
The error “NTP server: no server suitable for synchronization found” normally occurs when your WVC11B is not configured to get online. To resolve this, ensure that your network has an active Internet connection. If it does, then make sure the camera is properly configured for your network.
NOTE: This section will explain how to check your WVC11B’s:
• Wired connection
• Wireless connection
• Make sure that the WLAN link LED is lit on the WVC11B.
o If it is not, unplug the WVC11B’s power plug, wait for 30 seconds, and plug the power cord back in.
o If the WLAN link LED still does not light up, then plug the camera to your network’s router, hub, or switch using an Ethernet cable and check the WVC11B’s wireless settings.
o If you have a WLAN link LED, but you are still unable to communicate with the camera, plug the camera into your network’s router, hub, or switch, and check the WVC11B’s wireless settings.
• Make sure one end of the Ethernet cable is firmly plugged into your camera.
• Make sure the other end of the Ethernet cable is plugged firmly into your network’s router, switch, or hub.
• Make sure the LAN link LED is lit on the front of the camera.
o If the LAN link LED does not light up on the camera, unplug the camera’s power cord, wait for 30 seconds, and plug the power cord back in.
Launch a web browser.
Enter the WVC11B’s IP Address on the Address bar, then press [Enter].
NOTE: The WVC11B’s default IP address is 192.168.1.115.
You will be prompted for a User name and Password. Enter “admin” in the User name and Password fields. Then, click the OK button.
On the Welcome screen, click the Setup tab.
• On the Setup tab in the LAN Settings section, make sure that the IP Address is valid for your network. All Linksys routers use the default IP scheme of 192.168.1.XXX.
NOTE: If you have another WVC11B on your network, change the IP Address of one of the cameras to be different from the other. For example, 192.168.1.116.
• The Subnet Mask must be the same as the rest of your network. Most routers use a Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0.
• Under the Gateway section, you should have your router’s LAN IP Address entered. All Linksys routers have a default LAN IP Address of 192.168.1.1.
• Enter your Internet Service Provider's DNS servers in the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS fields.
NOTE: If you are unsure of what the DNS servers are, type your router’s LAN IP Address into the Primary DNS area.
• If you changed any settings, click on the Apply button to save changes.
If you are using the WVC11B wirelessly, check the following settings:
• On the Setup tab in the Wireless Settings section, the SSID value must be the same as the rest of your wireless network. All Linksys wireless devices use an SSID of "linksys" by default.
NOTE: If you are using a wireless router or wireless access point, make sure that the Network Type is set to Infrastructure. If your wireless network does not use a wireless access point or wireless router, set the Network Type to Ad-hoc. If you have an Ad-hoc wireless network, make sure that the Channel No. is set to the same channel as the rest of your Ad-hoc wireless network.
• Make sure that the WEP option is set correctly to either Disable or Enable, depending on whether or not your wireless network is set up to use WEP encryption. All Linksys wireless devices have WEP Disabled by default.
NOTE: If your wireless network is using WEP, make sure Enable is selected, and click on the Edit WEP Key Settings button. Make sure that your Passphrase, or WEP Keys and your Default Transmit Key are set to the same configuration as the rest of your wireless network.
If you have changed any settings, click on the Apply button to save changes.
After you have checked or changed your wireless settings, unplug the power cable from the WVC11B and disconnect the Ethernet cable. Wait 30 seconds before replugging the power cord. If the wireless settings are correct, then the WVC11B’s WLAN link LED should light up.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.