- Upgrading the ADSL gateway's firmware
• To prevent upgrade failures make sure that your computer is connected to the router using an Ethernet cable for stable connectivity.
• Use a different browser if Internet Explorer doesn’t work or use a different computer to perform the upgrade.
• To prevent failure, disable firewall to ensure that the upgrade will not be disrupted.
• After the upgrading process, it is recommended to reset the router so it's important that you take note of all the user settings before upgrading your router's firmware.
To upgrade the firmware of your gateway, you need to perform three (3) steps:
For instructions in downloading the ADSL gateway’s firmware, click here.
Access the gateway’s web-based setup page. For instructions, click here.
NOTE: If you are using a Mac computer to access the web-based setup page, click here.
Click on Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
Click on Browse....
Browse to where the firmware files were extracted and select the .bin file, then click Open.
If you’re using a Mac computer, select the .bin file then click Choose.
Click the Start Upgrade button.
When the upgrade is complete, the following message will appear:
Close Internet Explorer.
Reset the gateway to ensure that the new firmware loads properly. Press and hold the Reset button for 30 seconds. For instructions, click here.
NOTE: The image of your gateway may vary from what is shown below. In this example, the Linksys WAG54GX2 ADSL gateway is used.
You may now use the gateway's Setup Wizard CD to configure your Internet service and set up your wireless connection.
Downloading the latest drivers or firmware from Linksys support site
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.