- CIT300 FAQ
1. Can I receive SkypeIn calls?
Yes, if you have purchased a SkypeIn number from Skype. When you receive a SkypeIn call, it will ring the Skype melody and you can answer it the same way you answer a Skype call.
2. Can I put a Skype call on hold and make a landline call on the same handset?
No. In order to make a call using the other line (the landline), you have to end the current Skype call.
3. How can I add a contact or SkypeOut number to the contact list?
Use the Skype software on your Skype-enable PC. Click Add a Contact and follow the instructions to add the contact or SkypeOut number.
4. Can I make an outgoing call using the landline when someone else is on a Skype call, or vice versa?
To make a landline call while someone else is on a Skype call (or vice versa), pick up the handset and make the call. If the landline is already in use, you will hear a busy tone.
5. Why doesn't my handset ring when a call comes in?
Press and hold down the * key to turn on the ringer.
6. Why is the Battery Empty icon still displayed even though the handset has charged for more than 14 hours?
Make sure the Battery icon indicates recharging when the handset is on the charger and use new rechargeable batteries.
7. What can I do if my audio volume is too loud or too low?
The speaker volume on your PC or the handset may be set incorrectly. Adjust the volume on your PC and handset.
8. What should I do when my handset's display screen is blank?
Check to see if the batteries are positioned properly in the battery compartment. Make sure that you've also connected the handset, charger and USB base station. Next, put the handset on the charger to recharge the batteries.
9. Why can't I call a landline number using SkypeOut?
Make sure you enter 00, +, or 011 before you dial the number. Next, check you SkypeOut credit amount to make sure you have enough credits. Then, move the handset closer to the USB base station.
10. What can I do to improve the audio quality?
You can try the following options in improving poor audio quality.
- Move the handset closer to the USB base station
- There may be interference from nearby electrical devices. Move the USB based station and Skype-enabled PC as needed.
- If the USB base station and Skype-enabled PC is in a room with thick walls, move the USB base station and Skype-enabled PC as needed.
11. What if my device cannot "recognize" the Skype software?
In Skype, go to tools -> options -> advanced then click "manage other programs access to skype" and allow your CIT300 to access Skype.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.