This article will guide you on how to identify your child nodes, check their details, and identify which node your child nodes are connected to.
Before you begin:
- Parent node: A parent node is a node connected to your modem or gateway.
- Child node: A child node is another node that extends your network.
1. Log in to the Linksys app and access the dashboard.
2. Tap the menu icon on the upper-left portion of the screen.
3. Tap Network Administration.
4. Tap on Nodes.
5. Tap on the corresponding child node (e.g. Child node 2) to access additional information regarding a node. You will be taken to the node's page.
- Signal Strength (Child nodes only) - Displays the Received Signal Strength Indicator of the child node. This feature updates every 10 minutes.
- Connected to xxx where xxx is the name of the node to which your child node is connected. To rename a node, tap on Settings from the Nodes page.
- Serial Number - Displays the unique serial number of your node.
- Model Number - Displays the model number of your node.
- Firmware Version - Displays the firmware version of your node.
- IP Address - Displays the current IP address of your node. The parent node will display both LAN and WAN IP addresses, while the child nodes will only display a LAN IP address.