This guide will provide instructions on how to configure your router to Bridge Mode using the Linksys app or the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page.
Before you begin:
- Some features are not supported in Bridge mode and will be disabled. These include Parental Controls, Safe Browsing, Priority, custom internal IP addresses, and other advanced features.
- You must first install your router by following the standard setup process using the Linksys app with an iOS or Android™ device. Once it is set up, only then can you switch to bridge mode. If you are unable to set up the node with the Linksys app, you can also set it up using the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page. Then follow the bridge mode steps in the LinksysSmartWiFi.com section of this article.
- Make sure that you install the latest version of the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Your mobile device must be connected to your WiFi which you will be changing to bridge mode.
- After you switch to bridge mode, all other connected child nodes will also work in bridge mode.
- To revert to the previous mode or deactivate Bridge Mode, open the Linksys app, tap the menu icon, select Advanced Settings, navigate to Internet Settings, and then select Connection Type followed by Disable Bridge Mode.
Through the Linksys app
The steps and images provided may differ depending on the operating system of your mobile device. In most of the examples given below, an iOS device is used as a reference.
1. Log in to the Linksys app.
2. Tap the menu icon.
3. Tap on Advanced Settings and then select Internet Settings.
4. Tap on Connection Type and select Bridge Mode.
5. Tap Save.
6. Tap Enable Bridge Mode when you are ready.
While saving your settings, your devices may disconnect temporarily until the changes have been applied.
Once done, the dashboard should display that your mesh system is now in bridge mode.
After the parent node has been switched to Bridge Mode, it must always be connected to your pre-existing modem router (gateway) using an ethernet cable. The child nodes, on the other hand, may be connected either via WiFi or an ethernet cable.
Through the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page
1. Access the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page.
2. Click Connectivity under Router Settings.
3. Go to the Internet Settings tab and then click on Edit.
4. Select Bridge Mode.
5. Click on Apply and Ok.
To determine the new IP address of your Linksys router, look up the IP address through the Linksys app in the Network Administration section after the settings have been saved and your router is set to Bridge Mode.
Note that when saving your configuration settings, your devices may encounter a temporary disconnection. Once the procedure is completed, the dashboard should confirm that your router is now operating in bridge mode.
Find out more:
How to turn OFF my router’s or gateway’s Wi-Fi