NOTE: The examples below are from the Linksys RE6500 UI.
Open a browser to log in to the web-based setup page of your range extender.
- Enter http://extender.linksys.com in the Address bar.
- Enter the range extender’s IP address.
- For RE6400, RE6300, and RE6700, enter http://RE6x00-xxx for Windows® users or http://RE6x00-xxx.local for Mac® users, where xxx are the last three (3) characters of the range extender's MAC address.
Under Wireless, click Site Survey.
The Site Survey page will then be displayed.
- Select - clicking the radio button beside the wireless network name (SSID) selects the SSID.
- SSID - displays the name of available wireless networks.
- GHz - indicates the radio band of available wireless networks.
- Signal Strength - displays the relative position of the available networks within range by indicating the power of the wireless signal received.
- Security - displays the security type used by available networks. If a network supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS), the WPS icon is also displayed.
Associating the range extender with an access point or router
Under Site Survey, click the radio button that corresponds to your wireless network name (SSID) and then, click Connect.
Enter the Passphrase of your wireless network then click Connect.
NOTE: The type of security information required in this screen should match your access point or router’s wireless security settings.
Wait for the process to be completed.
You should now have successfully configured your Linksys range extender with your wireless network. You can proceed with connecting wireless computers and devices to get Internet access.
QUICK TIP: To know if your range extender is connected to the network, click Status > WLAN Statistics.
The Network Name (SSID) should display your router’s wireless network name.
QUICK TIP: If you encounter any issues, a firmware upgrade may resolve it. You can download the latest setup software of your range extender to ensure that you are using an updated version. Search your model number from the Linksys Support Site and download the file.
Upgrading the Linksys range extender's firmware
Connecting wireless computers to your network