This Wireless-N range extender can be set up through:
- Accessing its web-based setup page
- Using the Linksys Connect Software if you have it installed on your computer
- Using the setup software in the CD that comes with it
- Using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) on the RE2000 v2 if your router also supports it
On the front panel of the Linksys RE2000 v2, the light has two (2) functions:
- Power - The power light is located on the front panel. It lights up when the range extender is powered ON. The light flashes slowly every three (3) seconds when the device is reset to factory defaults or during a firmware upgrade. When the range extender is ready for use, the light is continuously lit. If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second).
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ - When the WPS process is active, the light flashes slowly. When the WPS is successful, the light is continuously lit. If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second) for two (2) minutes.
Reset button - Press and hold the Reset button for eight (8) seconds to reset the range extender to its factory defaults. You can also reset the device from the Administration > Factory Defaults screen in the range extender’s web-based setup page.
Power port - This is where you connect the power adapter.
- Simultaneous dual-band that extends both bands at the same time.
- Has cross-band technology that maximizes the simultaneous use of both bands for faster data transfer speeds
- Supports WPS for wireless client devices
- Can be set up using Linksys Connect Setup Software or through the web-based setup page for manual configuration
- Security features include Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) security, which encrypts data on your wireless network
The RE2000 v2 is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista SP1
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X®
- Leopard 10.5.8 or higher
- Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or higher
- Lion 10.7 or higher
- Mountain Lion 10.8 or higher
RE2000 v2 Frequently Asked Questions