The Internet speed test provides the following information about your current connection to the Internet:
- Shows how fast information is downloaded from the Internet to your computer.
- Measures how fast the information is transferred (uploaded) from your computer to another site.
- Download Speed – This pertains to how fast data is transferred from websites to your computer.
- Upload Speed – The speed of data transfer from your computer to the Internet.
- The time of day when the test is being run
- Other users on the Internet using the speed test tool
- Other computers in your network that are using the Internet
- Wired versus wireless connections
- Wireless security type being used
IMPORTANT: The Internet speed test feature is available only on Linksys Connect v1.3 and later.
This article will guide you on how to test your Internet connection speed using the Linksys Connect software. To do this, follow the steps below:
Launch Linksys Connect on your computer by clicking Start > All Programs > Linksys Connect. If you’re using a Mac® computer, navigate to the Applications folder under Go then double-click Linksys Connect. For detailed steps in launching Linksys Connect, click here.
Select Router settings.
Look for the Internet Speed section then click Launch Test.
You will then be prompted that the test is most accurate if other computers and devices on your network are not streaming music or videos or downloading files. Check whether your devices are not streaming media or downloading files. Then, click Next.
Click Begin Test to continue.
NOTE: The speed test will then locate the nearest available server and run the test. It will begin to load the Download Speed, then the Upload Speed and display the results.
Once the speed test is done, you may select Restart Test if you want to redo it or Show History to display the most recent results of the test.
Click Finish to go back to the main Linksys Connect window.
In case you encounter issues while doing the speed test using your Linksys Connect software, you can try any of the steps below:
- Close Linksys Connect software then re-open it and run the test again.
- Temporarily disable any security on your computer such as your anti-virus software or Windows® firewall then run the test again. You can re-enable them after the test has been completed.
- Use another computer that is also connected to your network and run the speed test using the Linksys Connect software.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Linksys Connect software. You can download the latest software from the Linksys Support Site.
You should have successfully tested the Internet speed using Linksys Connect now.
How to perform a speed test on your network using your Linksys cloud account
How to manually launch the Linksys Connect installation software
Compatibility list of the Linksys Connect software
Downloading the Linksys Connect Software