- 2.4 GHz single band
- Data rate up to 300 Mbps
- Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n
- One (1) 10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet port with auto MDIX sensing
- Two (2) spatial streams
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Wireless security
- Cross band technology
- Up to 5000 sq ft coverage
NOTE: Below are the product requirements as of January 2015.
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista SP1
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Leopard 10.5.8 or higher
- Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or higher
- Lion 10.7 all versions
- Mountain Lion 10.8 all versions
- Mavericks 10.9
- Yosemite 10.10
Setup and Web Interface
- The default SSID is Linksys Extender Setup.
- No setup software is required. The setup is embedded through the Browser-Based Setup.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button – if you have client devices that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ such as wireless printers, this button automatically configures wireless connection and security after initial setup.
Power button – powers the extender ON or OFF.
NOTE: The Power button is only available in the European versions of the RE3000W v2.
Reset button – Press the Reset button for five (5) seconds to reset the range extender to its factory defaults.
Ethernet port – the fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port works as a wireless bridge to instantly connect any wired Ethernet device to a wireless network. The green LED is lit when an Ethernet device is connected and active on this port. The light blinks when the extender is sending or receiving data over the Ethernet port.
Product comparison chart for Linksys range extenders