The Parental Controls feature allows you to restrict internet access for some users within your network. Specifically, you can block internet access for up to five users. There are two ways in blocking internet access using the Parental Controls feature. You can restrict access by specific times or by specific websites. In this article, we will block internet access at specific times.
1. Launch a browser and enter "192.168.1.1" in the Address bar and hit [ENTER].
2. Enter your router’s Name and Password when prompted and click Log In to continue. If you have not changed the name and password of your router, leave the Name field blank and enter “admin” in the Password field.
3. Click on the Access Policy tab then click the Enabled radio button.
For other router models, you need to click the Access Restrictions tab to access the Parental Controls section.
4. Under Target Devices, click Add.
5. On the pop-up window that appears, select the devices that you want to set up with Parental Controls. Click OK. The devices that you selected will now show up under the Target Devices section.
The router will show a list of devices that are connected to the network. You can only set restrictions on the devices that are included in the list. You can click the Remove or Rename buttons if you wish to make changes to the list.
6. Under Schedule, you may select Always or Specific times to restrict internet access. Take note of the following options for restricting internet access according to specific times:
Always – This means that internet access will be permanently blocked from the selected users.
Specific times – This option allows you to set an exact time range for blocking internet access. You can set restrictions both on school nights and weekends if you choose this option. The start time can be set at any time between midnight to noon and the end time anytime between 12:30 AM to 11:30 AM. You cannot set any time range beyond these given values.
7. Click on Save Settings to apply the changes.