With Parental Controls, you can:
- Block internet sites on specific devices
- Restrict internet access on specific devices
- Restrict internet access on specific times
Launch a web browser and enter your router’s IP address or “myrouter.local” in the Address bar then press [Enter].
NOTE: The router’s default IP address is 192.168.1.1. If it doesn’t work or if the IP address has been changed, check your Linksys router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
Under the Smart Wi-Fi Tools menu, click on Parental Controls.
NOTE: Website addresses with "https://" can be blocked but because they have encryption, Linksys Smart Wi-Fi cannot redirect you. Instead of a page telling you the address has been blocked, you will see a browser-error message.
Restrict internet access on specific devices
Select the computer or device for which you want to set Parental Controls to, then, specify the limitations you want to apply.
- Click Never to ensure that a device is able to access the internet at any time. Even if you keep internet access open, you can still use the Block specific sites option to block specific sites for the selected computer or device. For detailed instructions, click here.
- Click Always to completely block the internet and not let users access the internet at anytime. For detailed instructions, click here.
Select the computer or device for which you want to set Parental Controls to on a specific time. For detailed instructions, click here.
- Click Specific Times to choose specific hours when access to the internet is blocked. During these times, users on the computer or device will not be able to access the internet.
Securing your network
Apart from enabling the Parental Controls Tool of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers, you can also control internet access for guests or temporary visitors in your home with the Guest Access feature of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi. To learn more about this, click on the link below:
How to manage the Guest Access Feature using the Linksys cloud account
Setting up Parental Controls using the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account (Video)