For ease and convenience, it is possible to check the router’s WiFi settings using an iPad®. This article will guide you on how to check the router’s WiFi using your iPad®.
Access the router’s web-based setup page though your iPad®.
Tap the Wireless tab.
You will then be able to view the router’s Basic Wireless Settings page.
NOTE: In this example, the 5 GHz Wireless Settings of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, EA4500 is used.
- Network Mode – Lists the WiFi standards your network supports.
- Network Name (SSID) – This is the name of your WiFi.
- Security Mode – Lists the security types your router supports.
- Passphrase – This is the password of your WiFi. This should be 8-63 characters.
- Channel Width – Radio channel width of your wireless-N devices.
- Channel – Lists the radio channels your router supports.
- SSID Broadcast – A feature that lets you choose whether to let other wireless devices detect your WiFi name.
QUICK TIP: For the Linksys Wi-Fi Routers (E1000, E2000, E3000, E2100L), the Passphrase and Security Mode can be found in the Wireless Security sub-tab.
You should have successfully checked the router’s WiFi settings through your iPad® now.