Before you begin
- Make sure that you have an active WiFi connection.
- Make sure that the range extender is within the range of the router.
- Check the settings of your existing WiFi. These settings are case-sensitive.
- The Linksys RE6300 should be plugged into a power outlet. Wait until the light is blinking orange before setting up the range extender.
2. Open a web browser, enter "https://extender.linksys.com" or "192.168.1.1" in the Address bar, and press [Enter].
3. Click Start Setup.
5. Select your WiFi. If you have a dual-band WiFi, you should see both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. If your WiFi name is not on the list, reset the range extender and go back to the first step.
7. Once connected, you will be prompted to configure the extended WiFi that the range extender will broadcast for nearby clients to connect to. You can either change the settings as you prefer or use the default settings. Click Next.
8. Click Next if the Spot Finder indicates that the range extender's location is Just right. This feature determines the best extension and speed for your WiFi. If your range extender is Too far or Too close, find a better location (recommended) then go back to the first step.
9. Create an admin password to secure your Linksys RE6300. You may also add a password hint. Click Save once you're done.
10. You will be given the option to register the range extender. Enter your email then click Next.
Find out more:
Setting up the range extender through a wired connection
Manually setting up the Linksys Wireless-AC and Wireless-AX Range Extenders