The Linksys EA9500 and EA9400 comes with eight (8) non-detachable and adjustable antennas described as follows:
- Four (4) dual-band antennas (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Four (4) single-band antennas (5 GHz)
- 160 mm height (excluding hinge)
NOTE: The sample image above assumes that you are standing in front of the router.
All the external antennas are adjustable to different positions depending on your preference and environment.
- For best performance, position antennas vertically at a 90-degree angle.
- Each antenna radiates their signal as shown above (parallel to the same floor).
- Single-Story Homes:
- Multi-Story Homes:
Let’s assume that you are facing the front panel of the router. Note that the left four (4) antennas are dual-band antennas and the right four (4) are 5 GHz-only antennas. Pick two (2) dual-band and two (2) of the 5 GHz-only antennas and adjust them in multi-story home scenario, the rest keep them straight up.
Getting to know the Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream™ AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router
Getting to know the Linksys EA9400 AC5000 Tri-Band MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router