These are the Linksys range extenders you can set up in Access Point mode:
- Linksys RE7350 Max-Stream™ WiFi 6 Range Extender
- Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream™ AC1900+ WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6700 AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6500HG AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6400 BOOST WiFi Range Extender
- Linksys RE6300 AC750 BOOST WiFi Extender
- An active WiFi connection.
- Your WiFi name and WiFi password / security key. For instructions on how to check these WiFi settings on your Linksys router, click here.
- An ethernet cable long enough to connect your router to your range extender. Once you're ready, follow the steps below.
- The Linksys RE6400 is plugged into a power outlet and the light is blinking orange.
NOTE: In the example below, a Linksys RE7350 was used.
Plug your range extender into a power outlet. Wait until the light starts blinking orange.
Connect a WiFi computer or a mobile device to the range extender's default SSID, which is Linksys Extender Setup–xxx. The xxx represents the last three characters of your range extender's MAC address, which can be found at the back label of the device.
NOTE: You can find the WiFi MAC address of your range extender in its web interface. Go to Status > WLAN Statistics > Extender MAC address. For detailed instructions, click here. For the Linksys RE6400 v1, the MAC address printed at the back of the extender is for the ethernet port. For the Linksys RE6400 v2, the MAC address printed on the label is for the 2.4 GHz radio.
Open a web browser, then enter "https://extender.linksys.com" in the Address bar. If it doesn't load, you will need to look up your range extender's IP address in your router’s DHCP client table. To know how to do this on Linksys WiFi Routers, click here. For Linksys Smart WiFi Routers, click here.
Click Next under the As a wired range extender (Access point) option.
Create unique WiFi names that the range extender will be broadcasting, you can either create two different WiFi names or use the same one for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio bands. Create a WiFi password as well, then click Next.
QUICK TIP: The extended network is the WiFi network that your range extender will be broadcasting.
Create an admin password for your range extender, then click Save. You may also add a password hint.
You might be prompted to register your Linksys product to receive updates and other information to improve your experience. Enter your Email Address then click Next or click Skip.
Once your range extender is in Access Point mode, the top right header will read Dual Band Wireless Access Point.