This router comes with three (3) external detachable dual-band dipole antennas for enhanced communication, better coverage and range.
The Linksys EA7400 has Beamforming technology on both bands which help improve the quality of video streaming and other bandwidth and latency-sensitive transmissions. With this technology, more data reaches the targeted device instead of radiating out into the atmosphere since Beamforming-supported devices focus their signal toward each client. You can increase throughput and range by using multiple antennas in which data is sent and received.
Adjustable antenna ports - Three (3) adjustable external antennas. To connect the antennas, twist the antenna connectors clockwise into the port.
- Multi-story homes - Position the antennas where the middle antenna is straight up and the side antennas are angled outwards (30°-45°).
- Single-story homes - All three (3) antennas are positioned straight up.
- Smart Wi-Fi
- Dual-Band 80.11ac Wireless Technology
- Dual-Core 1.4 GHz processor
- PHY data rates AC1300 + N450 (Speeds of up to 1.75 Gbps)
- 3x3 AC Spatial streams
- MU-MIMO technology
- Beamforming technology
- 3 external antennas
- 4 x LAN Gigabit / 1 x WAN Gigabit ports
- 2 x USB ports
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button - If you have client devices, such as wireless printers that support WPS, you can press the WPS button to automatically configure wireless security for your wireless network. To know how to connect devices using the WPS feature, click here.
Reset button - Allows you to reset the router to its factory defaults. Press and hold the Reset button for approximately 10 seconds.
Internet (Green/Yellow) ports - Using an Ethernet cable, the Internet port connects the router to your Internet connection, which is typically a Cable or Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) modem.
Ethernet / LAN 1-4 (Green/Yellow) ports - These Ethernet ports connect the router to computers and other devices on your wired network using Ethernet cables.
Power port - The power port connects to the power adapter that comes with your router.
Power button - Press to switch the router ON or OFF.
- Latest version of Chrome™, Firefox®, Safari® (for Mac® or iPad®) , Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer version 8 or higher
- Latest Adobe Flash Player
Operating system (for printer utility only):
- Microsoft XP SP3, Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- OS X® Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8, Mavericks 10.9, Yosemite 10.10
- Latest iOS or Android™ mobile device
- Latest version of the Linksys app
Linksys EA7400 LED status indicators