Before you begin, have the following information available:
- Account number associated with your broadband subscription
- Phone number associated with your account
- Serial number of your Linksys CM3008 located at the back of the cable modem
- MAC Address of your Linksys CM3008 located at the back of the cable modem
- Turn OFF the power of your cable modem and router
- Power OFF your computer being used to activate the modem
Follow the steps below to set up your Linksys CM3008.
Connect the coaxial cable from your wall patch to the connector labeled Cable at the back of the Linksys CM3008.
Connect the Ethernet cable from your computer to the Ethernet port at the back of the modem.
NOTE: If you are using a router, connect the Ethernet cable from the Internet port of the router to the Ethernet port at the back of the Linksys CM3008.
Connect the power adapter of the Linksys CM3008 to turn it ON.
Power ON the computer and router that is connected to the modem.
Open a web browser on your computer to verify Internet connection.
NOTE: If your computer cannot access the Internet after the modem is online, it is possible that your computer did not renew its IP Address. For instructions on how to do this, click here.
Getting to know the Linksys CM3008 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (8x4 Bonded Channels)
CM3008 User Guides