Association may be required in the following scenarios:
- After Factory Reset – When the router has been reset to its default settings
- Multiple Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers – When you want to associate more than one (1) Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router to your account
- Router Replacement – When you want to replace your old router with a new Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router
IMPORTANT: Router association can only be done when you're currently connected to your home network. Associating your account remotely or while you are outside of your home network is NOT possible.
This article will show you how to associate your router to your Linksys cloud account. If you have not created a Linksys cloud account, click here.
Access the email address you used to create the account. Open the message from Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Mailer.
NOTE: If the message is not found in your Inbox, check the Junk or Spam folders. If you haven’t received or deleted the message, click here for instructions on how to resend the validation email.
Click the link to activate the Linksys cloud account you just created. This will open a new window that will take you to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page.
Account is now validated. Click on the link to log in.
NOTE: You can also click the button at the upper corner of the window .
The login page of the Linksys cloud account will appear. Enter your account’s Email Address and Password, then click Sign In.
Associate your router to your account by entering your Router Password in the space provided, then click Ok.
- The Router Password is set to admin by default. However, if you have changed it, then use the current router password instead.
- Router association can only be done when you're currently connected to your home network. Associating your account remotely is not possible.
You have now successfully associated your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router to your Linksys cloud account.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Tools
Getting to know the Linksys app
How to navigate through your Linksys app