Before you begin:
- Parent node: A parent node is a node connected to your modem or gateway.
- Child node: A child node is another node that extends your network.
Log in to the Linksys app and access the dashboard. For instructions, click here.
Tap the menu icon on the upper-left portion of the screen.
Tap Network Administration.
Tap on a child node (e.g., Living Room).
- Nodes appear by the location name you selected during setup.
- The parent node is the main node connected to your existing network or router. The parent node is the first node on the list of nodes and all others are considered child nodes.
- If your other nodes are not showing up on the Network Administration screen, you may need to add them to your network. Click here for instructions.
- To learn about the light behavior of your node, go to Network Administration > Node light info.
- Name of your node - If you need to change the current name of your node, tap on this section and then tap Save once done.
- Signal Strength - Displays the Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) of the child node.
- Connected to xxx where xxx is the name of the node to which your child node is connected. In the example above, the Living Room router is shown as connected to the Office router.
- Serial Number - Displays the unique serial number of your node.
- Model Number - Displays the model number of your node.
- Firmware Version - Displays the firmware version of your node.
- IP Address - Displays the current IP address of your node.