NOTE: This feature is available in both Access Point and Range Extender modes.
Access your Linksys RE6800’s web-based setup page. To know how, click here.
Click Wireless > Access Control.
- Allow - Only computers on the MAC Address filter list will have access to the wireless network.
- Deny - Computers on the MAC Address filter list will not have access to the wireless network.
- Wireless Client - Displays computers and other devices currently on the wireless network. Select a client from the list and click Save.
- MAC Address - Manually enter a MAC Address and click Save.
- Displays all the MAC Addresses that you have added.
- Click Edit to edit the MAC Address client. The edited MAC Address will show in the MAC Address field. If you want to remove this MAC Address item from the list, click Remove.
Click to apply changes.
NOTE: If you set up MAC Filtering on your Linksys RE6800, you must also set up MAC Filtering on your existing wireless router. Otherwise, you are only allowing or preventing clients to connect to the Linksys RE6800. Configuring the MAC Filter on the main wireless router, access point or another extender in your network is necessary to completely allow or prevent clients from connecting to the network.