Before you begin:
- You must first install your router by following the standard setup process. Click here for iOS instructions and here for Android™. Once it is set up, only then can you switch to bridge mode.
- Make sure that you install the latest version of the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Your mobile device must be connected to your WiFi. You will NOT be able to change the connection type to bridge mode if you are remotely connected.
Things to remember:
- After you switch to bridge mode, all other connected child nodes will also work on bridge mode.
- You may add more child nodes by selecting Set up a New Product on the Linksys app.
- If you want to change your connection type to the previous mode or disable bridge mode, go to the Linksys app and tap the Menu icon > Advanced Settings > Internet Settings then select Connection Type > Disable Bridge Mode.
- Some features will be disabled on bridge mode. These include Parental Controls, Priority, custom internal IP addresses, and other advanced features.
Through the Linksys app
NOTE: Steps and images may vary depending on the operating system of your mobile device. In most of the examples below, an iOS device is used.
Log in to the dashboard of the Linksys app. If you are using an iOS device, click here for instructions. If you are using an Android device, click here.
Tap the Menu icon.
Tap on Advanced Settings and then select Internet Settings.
Tap on Connection Type and select Bridge Mode.
NOTE: If you don’t see the Bridge Mode option, make sure you are using the latest Linksys app version and your nodes have the latest firmware.
Tap Enable Bridge Mode when you are ready.
While saving your settings, your devices may disconnect temporarily.
Once done, the dashboard should display that your mesh system is now on bridge mode.
Once the parent node is on Bridge Mode, it must always be connected via an ethernet cable to your existing modem-router (gateway). The child nodes can be connected either via WiFi or ethernet cable.
Through the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page
On the computer connected to the mesh network, launch a web browser. Enter “LinksysSmartWiFi.com” in the Address bar and hit [ENTER].
NOTE: You can also enter the router’s IP address which is 192.168.1.1.
Enter your Linksys cloud account credentials, then click Sign In.
Click Connectivity under Router Settings.
Go to the Internet Settings tab and then click on Edit.
Select Bridge Mode.
Take note of the local link as this will be used to access this page again. Click on Apply and Ok.
While saving your settings, your devices may disconnect temporarily. Once done, the dashboard should display that your router is now on bridge mode.
How to turn OFF my router’s or gateway’s Wi-Fi