- What is the Linksys EA9300 Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router?
- What are the parts of the Linksys EA9300?
- What are the product features of my Linksys EA9300?
- What is Smart Connect?
- What is the warranty period of the Linksys EA9300?
- What USB standards does the Linksys EA9300 support?
- How do I position the antennas of my Linksys EA9300 to optimize its maximum signal strength?
- What are the browser requirements when using my Linksys EA9300?
- How do I set up the Linksys EA9300?
- Will I be able to run the setup on a hardwired computer?
- What is the default IP address and password of the Linksys EA9300?
- What is a router password hint?
- What is the maximum PHY Data Rate for each wireless band?
- Is band steering supported on the 2.4 GHz?
- Can I turn OFF Smart Connect?
- Does the Guest network support band steering?
- How can I tell which radio band the 5 GHz clients are connected to?
- How many radios does the Linksys EA9300 support?
- Can I disable the web-based setup page access to the router for wireless clients?
- Why can't I change the Network Mode, Channel, Channel Width when Smart Connect is ON?
- Why is WEP grayed out for the 5 GHz band section in the Wireless widget?
- Can I select 802.11n Only for the 2.4 GHz band?
- Can I select 802.11n Only for the 5 GHz band?
- Where can I locate the wireless MAC address of the router?
- How many Guest networks can I set up on my Linksys EA9300?
- What is the default password of my Guest network?
- What is the IP address range of the Guest network for the 5 GHz1 radio band?
- How to configure Parental Controls?
- What is Media Prioritization and how do I configure it?
- How to perform a speed test on your network?
- What is a media server and how does it work?
- What is the supported USB hard drive format?
- Does the Linksys EA9300 support Repeater or Wireless Bridge Mode?
- Does the Linksys EA9300 support Seamless Roaming?
- What is Seamless Roaming?
- How can I set up my network with Seamless Roaming?
- What other Linksys products support Seamless Roaming?
- How do I enable Seamless Roaming?
- Are there any guidelines when using Seamless Roaming?
- Will the Seamless Roaming feature of the Linksys Max-Stream router work with other third party routers or range extenders?
- Where can I find more information about Seamless Roaming?
- What is Airtime Fairness?
- Does the Linksys EA9300 support Airtime Fairness?
- How do I enable Airtime Fairness?
- How can I reset the Linksys EA9300 to factory defaults?
- If I turned the Smart Connect OFF and configure the 5 GHz1 and 5 GHz2 with two different SSIDs then enable the Smart Connect back ON, what will be the SSID?
- How can I upgrade my Linksys EA9300?
Enjoy lightning-fast Wi-Fi on all your devices with the Linksys EA9300 Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router. Ideal for busy families with multiple connected devices, this router offers ample bandwidth for simultaneous 4K and HD video streaming, next-generation online gaming, and other data-heavy activities. The router’s three dedicated bands help minimize lag even when multiple devices are connected, delivering speeds of up to 750 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1625 Mbps (5 GHz) + 1625 Mbps (5 GHz). High-bandwidth applications are routed to the two high-speed 5 GHz bands, while lower-bandwidth activities utilize the 2.4 GHz band.
The Linksys EA9300 has the following parts:
- Ports - one power, two USB, one internet, four ethernet, six external adjustable antennas
- Buttons - reset, power, and Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS button located on the side of the router)
Below are the major product features of the Linksys EA9300:
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- 802.11ac Wireless Technology
- Concurrent Tri-band
- Speeds of up to 4.0 Gbps
- Quad-Core CPU
- 3x3 Spatial streams
- Seamless Roaming
- Beamforming Technology
- 4 x LAN Gigabit / 1 x WAN Gigabit ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 Ports
NOTE: Smart Connect is not supported on Guest network.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device’s warranty, click here.
The Linksys EA9300 has two USB 3.0 ports which are backward-compatible with older versions.
All six external antennas are adjustable to different positions depending on your preference. However, to optimize your antennas’ maximum signal strength, it is recommended to position each vertically at a 90-degree angle.
For single-story homes, all antennas should be straight up. However, for multi-story homes, three antennas must be straight up and the other three needs to be adjusted base on where you need the coverage and where you want the signal to radiate. Click this link for your reference.
8. What are the browser requirements when using my Linksys EA9300?
Latest versions of Google Chrome™, Firefox®, Safari® (for Mac® and iPad®), Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer® version 8 and newer.
SETUP & INSTALLATION
Setting up the Linksys EA9300 is made fast and easy because of its CD-less setup. Now you can run the setup from a web browser. To learn how to set up the Linksys EA9300, click here.
NOTE: There is also an option to manually set up the Linksys EA9300 and log in straight to the web-based setup page. On your setup home page, check the I want to skip Setup and configure my router manually option and click Next.
Yes, just connect the router to the computer using an ethernet cable, open a browser and start the setup process.
The default IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1 and admin is the default router password.
The Linksys EA9300 allows you to set up a router password hint. This is very useful should you forget your local administrator password during log in (not your cloud password). The password hint is visible when you locally log in to the router. You can also change it on your Linksys cloud account, click here for instructions.
WIRELESS CONNECTION & SECURITY
- Band 1 (2.4 GHz) - Optimal speeds up to 750 Mbps
- Band 2 (5 GHz1) - Fastest speeds up to 1625 Mbps
- Band 3 (5 GHz2) - Blazing speeds up to 1625 Mbps
For better performance it is highly recommended to leave Smart Connect ON, however, you still have the option to turn OFF Smart Connect. For instructions on how to disable the Smart Connect feature, click here.
To view which clients that are connected to either 5 GHz1 or 5 GHz2, open the Network Map tool on your Linksys cloud account then click the My Network tab.
A total of three radios are supported by the Linksys EA9300 (1 x 2.4 GHz and 2 x 5 GHz).
These settings require Auto mode in order for band steering to work properly.
When Smart Connect is enabled, you cannot use WEP. In order to use WEP on the 5 GHz band, you must turn OFF Smart Connect first and select either Auto or 20 MHz as your Channel Width.
Yes, you must set the Security Mode to WPA2™ Personal first.
Yes, you must set the Security Mode to WPA2 Personal first.
Go to Troubleshooting Widget > Report, all three Wireless MAC addresses will be displayed in this page under the Wireless section.
The Linksys EA9300 allows you to have two Guest networks both for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz1 only. With these, your visitors at home can access the internet but not the local network (i.e., shared storage devices, printer access).
NOTE: The router supports up to a total of 50 guests.
The default Guest password is BeMyGuest. After running the Setup wizard, your Guest password changes to a random password. You can also customize your own Guest password for your guests.The IP address range of the Guest network is 192.168.3.xxx.
The Parental Controls tool in your Linksys cloud account allows you to restrict internet sites or specific devices for users within your network. For instructions on how to do so, click here.
Media Prioritization allows you to provide priority on the devices or streaming applications that will be given more bandwidth for best utilization of your home network. Click here to learn how you can configure this feature on your Linksys cloud account.
Click here to learn how to perform a speed test on your network using your Linksys cloud account.It allows media server devices including digital media players, gaming consoles, and digital picture frames to access video, music, and pictures that are stored in a USB hard drive that is connected to the Linksys EA9300. To learn how to configure the media server feature on your Linksys cloud account, click here.
Linksys EA9300 supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS and HFS+ file systems.
No. The Linksys EA9300 only supports DHCP, PPPoE, Static IP, PPTP, L2TP, and Bridge Mode.
7. Does the Linksys EA9300 support Seamless Roaming?
Yes. All Linksys Max-Stream routers support Seamless Roaming.
8. What is Seamless Roaming?
Seamless Roaming allows your supported device such as an iPad® or iPhone® to roam between a supported Linksys Max-Stream router or range extender (make sure that the latest firmware is installed with Seamless Roaming support).
While moving between a traditional router and range extender, your home Wi-Fi signal can experience lag or a dropped connection. The Seamless Roaming feature allows you to move from one room to another and automatically connects your device to the strongest Wi-Fi signal with its intuitive technology. For more information, click here.
With Seamless Roaming, move from room-to-room with its intuitive technology, switching your device to the strongest Wi-Fi signal automatically.
9. How can I set up my network with Seamless Roaming?
You can set up your Linksys Max-Stream router with a Linksys RE7000, to learn how click on the links below:
Configuring a Linksys RE7000 with a Linksys Max-Stream router for Seamless Roaming
Configuring two Linksys RE7000s with a Linksys Max-Stream router for Seamless Roaming
10. What other Linksys products support Seamless Roaming?
Seamless Roaming is a feature on all Linksys Max-Stream routers and Linksys Max-Stream range extenders.
11. How do I enable Seamless Roaming?
There is no need to enable this feature as it is already part of the firmware.
12. Are there any guidelines when using Seamless Roaming?
Yes. In order for Seamless Roaming to work properly on your Linksys Max-Stream routers, the following must apply:
- You must use it with a Linksys RE7000 or any Linksys Max-Stream range extender.
- Wireless settings must be the same such as the SSID and security settings.
- Both router and extender must be on the same subnet.
- Seamless Roaming is designed for devices that support the 802.11k standard including but not limited to iPhone (4s and later), iPad Pro™, iPad Air® and later, iPad mini™ and later, iPad (3rd generation and later), iPod touch® (5th generation and later), Samsung® S4 (Android™ 4.2.2 /4.4.2), Samsung S5 (Android 4.4.2), and Samsung S6 (Android 5.0.2). For more information on supported Windows® and other devices, please check with your device manufacturer. Seamless Roaming may require the latest Max-Stream firmware. Please check the Support Page of your Linksys Max-Stream router for more details.
No. Seamless Roaming will only work with the Linksys Max-Stream products.
14. Where can I find more information about Seamless Roaming?
For more information on the Seamless Roaming feature for the Linksys Max-Stream products click here.
15. What is Airtime Fairness?
The slowest device in your network will not determine the Wi-Fi speed anymore. With Airtime Fairness, faster devices transmit at faster speed. Airtime Fairness gives equal amounts of air time (instead of equal number of frames) to each client regardless of its theoretical data rate.
16. Does the Linksys EA9300 support Airtime Fairness?
Yes, the Linksys EA9300 supports Airtime Fairness.
17. How do I enable Airtime Fairness?
Log in to your router and go to Wireless > Advanced and turn ON the Airtime Fairness option.
There are two (2) ways to reset the Linksys EA9300 to factory defaults:
- Hardware Reset – Press and hold the Reset button at the back panel of the Linksys EA9300 for about 10 seconds then release.
- Software Reset – Log in to your Linksys cloud account. Under Router Settings, click Troubleshooting > Diagnostics. Click Reset under Factory reset.
2. If I turned the Smart Connect OFF and configure the 5 GHz1 and 5 GHz2 with two different SSIDs then enable the Smart Connect back ON, what will be the SSID?
The tri-band router will retain whatever SSID you set on the 5 GHz1 radio band.Upgrading the firmware of your router allows you to fully enjoy its complete features. The Linksys EA9300 has an Auto Firmware Update feature which automatically updates the router whenever there is a new firmware available or you can also do it manually. Click on the links below for step-by-step instructions:
How to automatically update the firmware of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers
How to manually upgrade a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router's firmware