Smart Setup benefits
- You do not need a Setup CD or additional software to set up the router.
- You have the option to directly access the router’s web-based setup page during the setup process.
The following requirements should be met to avoid any problems during the setup:
- Browser requirements for the router setup and Linksys Smart Wi-Fi access:
- Microsoft Edge™
- Internet Explorer® 8 or higher
- Latest version of Chrome™ and Firefox®
- Safari® (for Mac® or iPad®)
- Latest Adobe® Flash® Player
- Materials for setup – You should have the following items:
- Linksys EA7500
- One or two internet / ethernet (RJ-45) cables
- A wireless device (computer, smartphone or tablet) or a computer with an ethernet port
- Active Internet connection from StarHub
Turn OFF the StarHub Optical Network Terminal (ONT) by toggling the ON / OFF slider, located at the back panel, to the OFF position.
NOTE: If you have an existing router, unplug and remove it from the ONT.
Connect the ethernet cable from the ONT to the Internet (yellow) port of your Linksys EA7500.
Turn ON the ONT and wait for one minute before proceeding to the next step.
Plug the supplied power adapter to an electrical outlet and into the Linksys EA7500.
QUICK TIP: Make sure that the router's power light is solid before proceeding to the next step.
Using a smartphone or tablet, connect to the Linksys EA7500’s default Wi-Fi settings. The default Wi-Fi name and password are listed on the Linksys EA7500’s product label.
NOTE: If you are using a wired computer, connect an ethernet cable from your computer to any of the numbered ports at the back of the Linksys EA7500.
Launch your web browser and enter "http://linksyssmartwifi.com" in the Address bar then press [Enter].
QUICK TIP: If you are unable to launch the Smart Setup, you can enter the default IP address of the router, 192.168.1.1, or type myrouter.local in the browser's Address bar.
Tick the checkbox beside I have read and accepted the License Terms for using this software then click Next to proceed.
- If the Smart Setup screen does not show up, press the Reset button at the back of the Linksys EA7500 for 10 seconds, turn it OFF and then turn it back ON. Wait a few seconds for the router to boot up and start at Step 6 again.
- If no internet connection is detected, the Your Internet cable is not connected correctly window will appear. Follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on the screen to resolve your connection problem then click Next.
Enter your desired Network Name and Network Password in the fields provided, then click Next.
QUICK TIP: If you are using a wireless device for setup, you will now receive a message to Reconnect to your network. Connect your wireless computer to the new wireless settings as indicated in this step in order to continue the Setup. The wireless password is case-sensitive.
Enter a router password in the Create a router password field then click Next.
QUICK TIP: If your router displays an Add a password hint option, enter your preferred hint in the field provided. This will help you remember your router password in the future. Your password hint will only appear when you choose Local Access.
If you see the Your router is set up! message, this means that your router is now successfully set up. The new Wi-Fi settings as well as the router admin password will be displayed. Ensure that you write down the new settings in the fields provided on the Quick Start Guide for future reference. Click Next to complete the entire setup.