- Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Router
- Linksys EA8250 Max-Stream AC2150 MU-MIMO Tri-Band WiFi 5 Router
- Make sure you have a working internet connection.
- If you are replacing your existing router, make sure to disconnect it and move it out of the way.
- Power OFF your modem and connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the internet port of the router. Then, power ON the modem.
- Connect the power adapter to the router and turn it ON.
- Wait until the Linksys logo light is solid. To know more about your router's light behaviors, click here.
Connect a wireless computer, tablet or smartphone to the default Wi-Fi of your router. The Wi-Fi credentials are located on a label at the bottom of the device.
Open a web browser and enter “http://LinksysSmartWifi.com” in the Address bar then press [Enter]. You can also use “myrouter.local” or “http://192.168.1.1” (the default IP address of the router).
NOTE: If you encounter problems accessing the addresses above, make sure the requirements above are met. You might need to reset your router to factory defaults if the issues persist. Do this by pressing and holding the reset button until the Linksys logo turns OFF. For more troubleshooting steps, click here.
The setup wizard will start to check your router and internet connection.
Updates for your router is enabled by default to allow automatic updates in the future. You can disable or enable this option later in the Connectivity Tool of the router's web-based setup page. Click Next.
Connect to your Wi-Fi. Now that your router has a new Wi-Fi name and password, you will need to connect your wireless device to your new Wi-Fi to continue with setup. Click Next.
NOTE: If you are using a wired computer, the setup wizard will proceed to the next step.
NOTE: This is your router’s local administrator password.
NOTE: Skipping this step means you can only log in to the router locally, you will not be able to log in remotely without a Linksys cloud account. If you skip this step, you can always create an account later. For instructions, click here.