Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- All band steering – By default All band steering is enabled on the router. All three bands (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz1 and 5 GHz2) are combined and only one Wi-Fi name is seen.
- 5 GHz band steering – Select this option if you want to create unique names between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. However, this option will disable Band Steering on the 2.4 GHz band only. Band Steering will only occur on the 5 GHz band (between 5 GHz1 and 5 GHz2 bands).
- Off – This option disables Band Steering for all bands. This will also allow you to create separate, unique Wi-Fi names and settings for all three bands (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz1 and 5 GHz2).
NOTE: You can also tap the Navigation Menu icon and then tap Wi-Fi Settings.
Tap Save to apply your changes.
- If you have All band steering selected:
- You can only change the Security Type; all other Wi-Fi settings are on Auto which are required for All band steering.
- You can turn OFF/ON Broadcast SSID.
- You can Turn off Wi-Fi, which will turn off ALL of the Wi-Fi radios.
- If you have 5 GHz band steering selected:
- 2.4 GHz Advanced Wi-Fi settings – You can change all the Wi-Fi settings, Broadcast SSID, and you have an option to turn OFF the 2.4 GHz radio.
- 5 GHz1 + 5 GHz2 Advanced Wi-Fi settings – You can only change the Security Type, Broadcast SSID, and the 5 GHz radio. All other options will be on Auto since Band Steering is enabled on the 5 GHz band.
- If you have Off selected:
- You can change all the Wi-Fi settings of the three individual bands. You can also turn OFF each individual radio (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz1 or 5 GHz2).
5 GHz Advanced Wi-Fi Settings