With the new Linksys Cloud Manager, you can conveniently check, manage, and even upgrade your Linksys Business Cloud Access Point's firmware. Follow the steps below to learn how:
- This article is only for access points being managed by (Cloud Manager 1.0) https://business.linksys.com/. Visit the online documentation to learn more about the Linksys Cloud Manager 2.0.
- Make sure your access point has been set up. For instructions, click here.
- Create a Cloud account. If you have not created an account, click here.
Log in to your Cloud account by going to https://business.linksys.com. For instructions, click here.
On the Networks page, select a network.
At the top left section, click on Access Points.
Alternatively, you can also click on the ellipsis icon of the network and select Access Points.
Select the name of the access point you want to upgrade.
When the page opens, click on the Details option at the top.
On the Details page, scroll down and locate the Firmware version section. Click on the Check for updates link.
The Linksys Cloud Manager will check for updates. Wait for it to finish.
- If a firmware update is available, you will be prompted to click a link which will allow you to upgrade to the latest version. Once you've clicked the link, select Upgrade to proceed.
- Do not turn OFF your access point during the upgrade. After the update, the access point will reboot. Check the light behavior and wait until the access point has finished rebooting. After the reboot, you may need to refresh the browser to display the updated firmware version.
- If no firmware update is available, you can click Close.
You should now have successfully upgraded your Linksys Business Cloud Access Point's firmware through the Linksys Cloud Manager.
Upgrading the Linksys Business Cloud Access Point's firmware though the Local interface