I am connecting my Ring Doorbell to the Wi-Fi and the Ring App is telling me that I entered the wrong password, but I'm pretty sure that I typed the right one. What should I do?
When connecting devices like the Ring Doorbell to your Linksys router or Velop system, here are things to remember:
1. Wi-Fi SSIDs and passwords
Make sure that you are connecting to the correct SSID and typing the right password.
- If your password contains special characters (such as *,@,$, or #) these may also cause issues upon initial installation. To work around this, you can:
- Temporarily change the Wi-Fi password on your router or Velop
- Create a temporary Guest Wi-Fi for setup
- Temporarily use someone else's Wi-Fi network for setup
Walls, floors, furniture, and appliances can all block Wi-Fi signals. To improve performance, try the following:
Firmware updates are bug fixes and functionality enhancements for your router or Velop. If the router connects well, so will your Ring Doorbell.
Click the links below to learn how to upgrade the firmware of your Linksys router or Velop.