Before you begin:
- Parent node - A Linksys-supported mesh router connected to your modem.
- Child node - Another supported mesh router used for extending your WiFi.
- Make sure that the parent node is set up and online.
- Install the latest version of the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Make sure you have a Linksys cloud account, if not create one with the Linksys app.
- If your child node does not support Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS), you may need to disable it on the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page or Linksys app. If you want to enable DFS, click here for instructions.
Log in to your Linksys cloud account. For instructions, click here.
Tap on the menu icon on the upper left-hand side and tap on Set up a New Product.
Tap on Add Another Node to xxxx (the xxxx stands for the name of your existing WiFi).
Select To extend my Wi-Fi with a new child node.
If your router supports DFS and it’s enabled, you will receive this reminder to disable it. If your child nodes do not support DFS, they will not be able to connect.
You may be prompted to turn ON your Bluetooth®. Bluetooth is used for setup purposes only. For Android™ devices, tap YES to automatically turn ON Bluetooth. For iOS devices, you may need to turn ON Bluetooth manually.
The Linksys app will guide you on how to place the router. Tap Next.
Plug your router into a power source. Tap Next.
Router detection will begin. This can take up to 3 minutes. Feel free to walk away but leave your phone near the router.
Tap Yes, it's Blinking Purple.
The Linksys app will start adding your router to the network. This can take up to 6 minutes.
If you disconnected the power to move the router during this step, power it ON and wait for the light on the router's front panel to turn to solid blue. Then, tap on Try again.
Select a name for your router or customize the name. To give it a different name, tap Name it something else instead. Then, tap Next.
You have successfully added a router. Tap Next.
If you have another router to add, tap Add a Node and repeat the steps. Otherwise, tap on That’s it for Now.
Future updates will happen overnight. These will be automatic and will only take a few minutes. Tap Next.
Your WiFi is now set up and ready. Tap on Go to Dashboard.