We rolled out the firmware for Linksys WHW030x v1 (22.214.171.124186) and Linksys WHW030x v2 (126.96.36.199186) last January 9, 2023, PST to implement new security settings for your WiFi. We started receiving reports on certain configurations exhibiting child nodes continuously showing a blinking blue light or loss of client connectivity.
What is the fix?
To resolve the issue, toggle the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button ON and OFF in the Linksys app or LinksysSmartWiFi.com page.
If you disabled HomeKit® integration as a temporary fix, you can enable it back after you toggle the WPS button ON and OFF in the Linksys app.
An iOS device is used in the images below. Some steps may vary slightly on Android™.
2. Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap Network Administration.
4. Toggle the HomeKit Integration button ON and OFF.
An iOS device is used in the images below. Some steps may vary slightly on Android.
To toggle the WPS button on the Linksys app, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the Linksys app.
- If WPS is disabled, enable then disable it.
- If WPS is enabled, disable then enable it.
To toggle the WPS button on the LinksysSmartWiFi.com page, follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser, enter the IP address of your router in the Address bar, and press [Enter]. By default, the IP address is set to “192.168.1.1”.
- Google Chrome™: click on Advanced > Proceed to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe)
- Firefox®: click on Advanced > Accept the Risk and Continue
- Microsoft Edge®: click on Advanced > Continue to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe)
- Safari®: click on Show Details > visit this website > Visit Website
2. Click on the mobile phone image on your page or click on the Continue to Linksys Smart Wi-Fi link.
- If WPS is disabled, enable it and click Apply/Ok, and then disable it and click Apply/Ok.
- If WPS is enabled, disable it and click Apply/Ok, and then enable it and click Apply/Ok.