Keeping your Linksys devices’ firmware or driver updated
It is recommended to regularly update your Linksys devices' firmware and/or driver for the following reasons:
- The device is experiencing performance issues (e.g., dropping connectivity, odd blinking lights, and undetected device errors).
- There is an updated version containing new or additional functionalities that are not available in the previous version. (Read the Release Notes to view the updates or changes.)
How often should you check for firmware or driver updates?
You can check for firmware and driver updates of your Linksys device whenever you experience issues and bugs with the device.
By default, the Automatic Firmware Update feature is enabled on your Velop system. The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers also have an Auto-Update feature. To learn how to automatically update the firmware of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers, click here.
Click on the links below for specific instructions on how to update the firmware or driver of your device.
|Dual-Band WiFi Router||Firmware|
|Smart Wi-Fi Router||Firmware|
|Modems and Gateways||Firmware|
Click on the links below for specific product downloads:
If your product model is not on this list, go to the Linksys Support Site to check for the availability of your product's downloads. If you need help in downloading the firmware or driver of your devices, click here.
If you encounter any problem doing the upgrade, try any of the following troubleshooting tips:
- Do NOT power cycle the router during the firmware upgrade.
- Use a different web browser if the current browser you’re using doesn’t work.
- If upgrading the firmware via Wi-Fi is not successful, connect your computer directly to the router and try again.
- Use a different computer to perform the upgrade.
- Temporarily disable any computer firewall to ensure that the upgrade will not be disrupted.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the correct firmware version for your device to prevent technical problems that may damage the router. The hardware version can be found on the device's label.