- EZXS16W FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is a Switch?
Switches are network devices that connect computers together in a network and help transfer data across the network. The EtherFast® 10/100 16-Port Workgroup Switch is an easy, affordable way to build a fast, reliable desktop Ethernet network. It can connect up to 16 devices which include computers, storage, modems and printers.
2. What should I do when my computer cannot connect to the Internet while connected to the switch?
Follow the instructions below:
a) Verify that the proper LEDs are lit on the Switch.
Make sure the Power LED has a steady green light and is not flashing.
Verify the Ethernet LED has a fairly steady green light. It will flash occasionally, indicating activity.
b) Power down everything and power on the switch first. Next, power on the PC.
3. What are the uses of the ports at the back panel of the device?
• Ports 1-15 - where you will connect your computers, storage, modem and printer to the Switch. It is through these ports that network information is exchanged.
• Port 16/Uplink - when the MDI/ MDIX button is pressed in, port 16 will function as an Uplink port. When the MDI/MDIX button is not pressed, port 16 functions as a normal Ethernet port. The Uplink port connects the Switch to a router or to another switch.
• Power - where you will connect the included power adapter. Be sure to only use the power adapter that came with the product. Using third-party power adapters could damage the Switch.
4. How does my switch strengthen data transfers through signal regeneration?
The Switch functions as a repeater, which regenerates data signals as they pass through it. This feature acts as a safeguard to deter data loss and ensure that transmissions arrive at their destination intact.
5. What is the warranty period for the EZXS16W?
One (1) year from the date of purchase.
6. What are the standards supported by the EZXS16W?
IEEE 802.3, IEEE802.3u
7. How many ports does this device have on its back panel?
Sixteen (16) 10/100 RJ-45 Ports.
8. What is the cabling type that should be used with this switch?
UTP Category 5 or better.
9. What should I do if my Switch experiences excessive data collisions?
Verify that your network cabling is securely crimped and installed properly.
10. What is the maximum cabling strength?
|Switch||Switch or Hub||100 meters (328 feet)|
|Hub||Hub||5 meters (16.4 feet)|
|Switch or Hub||Workstation||100 meters (328 feet)|
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.