Getting to know the Linksys RE1000 v1.5
The Linksys RE1000 v1.5 Wireless-N Extender lets you repeat the wireless signal of any access point or router to provide Internet connectivity to hard to reach areas through a wired or wireless connection.
This Wireless-N range extender can be set up through:
- Accessing its web-based setup page
- Using Linksys Connect software if you have it installed on your computer
- Using the setup software in the CD that comes with it
- Using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) on the Linksys RE1000 v1.5 if your router also supports it
On the top panel of the Linksys RE1000 v1.5, the light has two (2) functions:
- Power - The power light is located on the front panel. It lights up when the range extender is powered ON. The light flashes slowly every three (3) seconds when the device is reset to factory defaults or during a firmware upgrade. When the range extender is ready for use, the light is continuously lit. If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second).
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) - Once the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ is activated, the light flashes slowly. When the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ is successful, the light is continuously lit. If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second) for two (2) minutes.
WPS button – if you have client devices that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ such as wireless printers, this button automatically configures wireless connection and security after initial setup.
Power switch – powers the extender ON or OFF.
NOTE: This switch is only available in the European versions of the Linksys RE1000 v1.5.
Reset button – Press the Reset button for eight (8) seconds to reset the range extender to its factory defaults. You can also reset the device from the Administration > Factory Defaults screen in the range extender’s web-based setup page.
Power port – This is where you connect the power adapter.
Ethernet port – the Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port works as a wireless bridge to instantly connect any wired Ethernet device to a wireless network. The green LED is lit when an Ethernet device is connected and active on this port.
- Supports WPS for wireless client devices.
- Can be set up using Linksys Connect setup software or through the web-based utility for manual configuration.
- Security features include Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2™) security, which encrypts data on your wireless network.
The Linksys RE1000 v1.5 only supports Wired Equivalent Privacy™ (WEP) with hexadecimal format security key. If your gateway is setup with a WEP ASC II format, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.
The Linksys RE1000 1.5 is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 7
- Windows Vista®
- Windows® XP
- OS X® Lion 10.7
NOTE: For more details about this product, visit the Linksys Support Site to browse for more troubleshooting articles, downloadable user guides or firmware updates, and other support information.
RE1000 Frequently Asked Questions
Setting up your Linksys RE1000, RE3000W, or RE4100W range extender using the setup CD
Setting up the range extender through a wired connection
Manually configuring a Linksys Wireless-N Range Extender