- Getting to know the Linksys MX5300 Velop AX Whole Home WiFi 6 System
The Linksys MX5300 Velop AX Whole Home WiFi 6 System supports the latest Wi-Fi® 6 (802.11ax) standard to deliver true gigabit speeds of up to 5.3 Gbps with 12-stream capacity throughout the entire home.
The Wi-Fi 6 standard sends and receives multiple streams of data simultaneously, providing up to four times more Wi-Fi capacity to handle every mobile, streaming, gaming, and smart home devices on your Velop network.
- Supports 802.11ax (AX5300) at up to 5.3 Gbps
- Four times better performance than an AC router
- Tri-Band Dynamic Backhaul
- 4x4 Spatial Streams
- Next-generation Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) technology
- Reduced power consumption
- 2.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Intelligent Mesh™
- MU-MIMO technology
- Wi-Fi security
- Seamless Roaming
- Guest network
- Parental Controls
- Coverage of up to 3,000 sq ft per node
- Weight: 1.58 kg (3.48 lbs)
- Dimensions: 4.45 in x 4.45 in x 9.57 in
- Four gigabit ethernet ports
- One gigabit internet port
- Power port (12V, 4A)
- One USB 3.0 port for external storage support. The supported formats are as follows:
- Windows®: NTFS, FAT32, and Samba
- Mac®: APFS (read-only), FAT32, and HFS+
- Supports SMB v2.0
- Supports up to 11 mA current draw
- Buttons and switch
- Reset button
NOTE: To reset the node to its factory defaults, press and hold the button first (you will see a bright red flash, followed by three to four quick red faded pulses then another bright red flash), then you can release the button.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button
- One power switch (sliding)
- A modem or gateway with an active internet connection
- The latest version of the Linksys app
- Mobile device:
- Android™ 6 or higher
- iOS 11.4 or higher
- Bluetooth® (preferred for setup)
- Linksys MX5300 Velop AX Whole Home WiFi 6 System
- Quick install guide
- Ethernet cable (two ethernet cables for the two-pack model)
- Power adapter (two power adapters for the two-pack model)
- Regulatory and warranty information
For more information about the Linksys MX5300 Velop AX Whole Home WiFi 6 System, click here.
For set up instructions on different configurations, click on the links below:
Setting up the parent node using a static WAN IP address
Setting up your Velop system with an iOS mobile device
Setting up the Linksys MX5300 Velop AX Whole Home WiFi 6 System on an Android device
Setting up the Linksys Velop node using a PPPoE connection
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.