- Getting to know the WRT54GS
The WRT54GS is a Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster™. It is an all in one 4-port switch and SpeedBooster™ performance enhanced Wireless-G access point.
- Has a SecureEasySetup™ (SES) – push button security
- Has SpeedBooster™ technology that increases wireless performance by up to 35%
- Complies with 802.11g and 802.11b (2.4 GHz) standards
- Has an easy to manage and user friendly web-based setup page
- Supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) security modes
- Supports wireless Media Access Control (MAC) address filtering and powerful Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall
- Power - The Power LED lights up green when the router is powered ON. It flashes when the router goes through its self-diagnostic mode every boot up.
- DMZ - Lights up green when the DMZ function is being used. This LED will remain lit as long as DMZ is enabled.
- WLAN - The Wireless LED lights up green if the wireless feature is enabled on the router. If the LED flashes, the router is actively sending or receiving data over the network.
- Ethernet 1, 2, 3, and 4 - The Ethernet LEDs light up green when there is a connection to a computer and/or a network device. A flashing LED indicates network activity over that port.
- Internet - The Internet LED lights up green if the router is connected to the modem.
- Reset Button - Pressing this button for 10 seconds restores your router back to its factory default settings.
- Internet Port - This is where you connect your broadband modem.
- Ethernet Port (1, 2, 3, 4) - This is where you connect your computers or network devices using an Ethernet cable.
- Power Port - The Power port is where you connect the supplied power adapter (12v 1A).
If you lost the Setup CD that comes with it, you may download the router’s User Guide and manual. To know how, click here for instructions.
NOTE: For more details about this product, visit the Linksys Support Site to browse for more troubleshooting articles, downloadable user guides or firmware updates and other support information.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.