PLEK400 Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What is the PLEK400?
2. I want to add another Powerline device to my network; will my PLEK400 work with other Powerline devices?
3. What ports does the PLE400 Powerline adapter have?
4. What LEDs does the PLE400 Powerline adapter have?
1. How can I create a powerline network?
2. What should I do if none of the LED lights turn ON after I installed the powerline adapter?
3. What should I do if the Ethernet LEDs do not light up on the powerline adapter?
4. How can I tell if the two powerline devices are communicating?
FIRMWARE UPGRADE METHOD
The PLEK400 is a Powerline 1-port Kit that consists of two PLE400 devices. The PLE400 is a Powerline 1-port Fast Ethernet that has one (1) Ethernet port. One of these devices is typically used in a powerline network to connect your network’s router to the household wiring. You can also use one of these in any room to connect one wired Ethernet device to your powerline network.
PLEK400 is only compatible with PLE400.
- Ethernet - This Ethernet port connects a computer or another networking device.
- Standby/Reset – Restores your powerline adapter to factory defaults. To do this, press and hold the Standby/Reset button for at least ten (10) seconds using a pin or a pointed object.
- HomePlug Simple Connect Button - Configures advanced security (the network password) for your powerline network.
- Power - The power LED turns ON when the powerline adapter is powered ON.
- Ethernet - The Ethernet LED turns ON when a wired network device is connected to Ethernet (network) port of the powerline device.
- LED - Flashes to indicate network activity.
- Powerline - The powerline LED turns ON when the adapter is connected to the powerline network. The LED flashes to indicate network activity.
Press and hold the HomePlug Simple Connect on the first powerline adapter button for at least one (1) second until the powerline LED begins to flash slowly. The adapter then creates a new network key for the powerline network to use.
Press and hold the HomePlug Simple Connect button on the second powerline adapter for at least one (1) second until the powerline LED begins to flash slowly.
NOTE: When the LED stops flashing, the new network key has been shared with first adapter.
Install and launch the Powerline AV Utility that came with your powerline device.
Click the Security tab.
NOTE: You will see a list of devices connected.
Check the box on the devices you would like to configure and enter your desired key under Change Network Key.
Click Apply changes.
To create a powerline network, you need at least two (2) powerline adapters. You can start by connecting one PLE400 to your network router then connect your computers or other devices to the second powerline adapter either PLE400 or PLS400.
NOTE: Make sure that your powerline adapters and the devices connected to it are on the same circuit breaker.
If this happens, follow the steps below:
Disconnect the powerline adapter from the power outlet.
Disconnect the Ethernet network cable from the adapter and wait for five (5) seconds.
Re-connect the Ethernet network cable to the adapter.
Re-connect the adapter to the power outlet.
NOTE: Make sure that the electrical outlet is working properly.
QUICK TIP: If LEDs still don’t light up, plug a different device into the power outlet and turn it ON.
When the Ethernet port detects a local network connection, the Ethernet LED should turn ON. If not, follow the steps below:
Ensure that the Ethernet network cable is securely connected to the adapter and to your computer or other network devices.
Check if the Ethernet adapter on your computer is working properly.
The Powerline LED will be lit solid on each powerline device.
FIRMWARE UPGRADE METHOD
You could upgrade the firmware of your powerline adapter on the Administrator tab of Powerline AV Utility.
The transfer rate of a PLE400 Powerline adapter is 200 Mbps.
No. The PLE400 only has the Powerline AV Utility.
100-240 V AC/ 50-60 Hz