- Getting to know the Linksys MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router, AC2200, MU-MIMO
The Linksys MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router, AC2200, MU-MIMO is an Intelligent Mesh™-compatible router, which makes it capable to act as a primary node to your Velop system. It enables you to expand your Wi-Fi by letting you take advantage of the Intelligent Mesh WiFi System that is made up of modular nodes. These work seamlessly together to fit the need of any home and deliver flawless Wi-Fi wherever you want it.
- Tri-Band router
- Supports 802.11ac (AC2200) at up to 2.2 Gbps
- 2x2 simultaneous data streams for stronger and faster performance
- Intelligent Mesh technology
- MU-MIMO technology
- Beamforming technology
- Guest network
- Parental Controls
- Dual-core CPU
- Coverage of up to 2,000 sq ft
- Internet connection
- Mobile device for setup:
- iOS 9.0 and later
- Android™ 4.1 and later
- The latest version of the Linksys app
- Bluetooth® (preferred for setup)
- Buttons / Switch
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button
- Reset button
- Rocker style power switch
- Antennas - Four adjustable antennas (non-detachable)
- The two antennas on the left are dual-band, the other two are single-band 5 GHz antennas.
- Four gigabit ethernet ports
- One gigabit internet port
- One power port
- Power - Output: 12V, 2A
- Lights - To learn more about your router's lights and their behavior, click here.
NOTE: The USB port is for future expansion.
Overview of the Linksys MR8300's web interface when in Router Mode
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.