- Getting to Know the WPC11 Wireless Adapter
The WPC11 is a wireless network adapter which guarantees its users with increased and consistent productivity during work because of its capability to allow computers within a network to share files, printers and other resources. It is a must-have for users who want to take advantage of their computer’s portability while having complete access to all their resources. This article will provide basic information about the WPC11 wireless adapter.
The LED Indicators
The WPC11 wireless adapter has 2 LED displays which indicate network activity status. These include:
• POWER - The POWER LED display will light up green when the device is powered ON.
• LINK – The LINK LED will steadily light up green when the adapter has been properly inserted to the notebook and if a connection between the adapter and the notebook has been established. If it is transmitting or receiving data, the LED display will continually blink.
• High-Speed Data Transfer Rate
• Supports up to 128-bit Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
• Integrated Equalizer that can recover weak signals and improve sensitivity
• Compatible with all standard Internet operations.
• 802.11b, DSSS, 2.4 GHz-compliant
• Compatible with all networking operating systems
Upon purchase of the WPC11 wireless adapter, you should have the following inside the box:
• WPC11 wireless adapter unit
• Setup CD-ROM (with user guide)
• Quick Installation Guide
• Registration Card
Minimum System Requirements
To achieve WPC11’s full functionality, your notebook/laptop should be able to meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:
• 64 MB RAM or better
• Available 32-bit CardBus slot
• 200 MHz or faster processor
• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP operating system
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.