WUSB54GSC Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What type of device is the WUSB54GSC?
2. Does the WUSB54GSC support WPS?
3. What does the LED on the WUSB54GSC indicate?
4. What is the warranty period for the WUSB54GSC?
5. What operating systems are supported by the WUSB54GSC?
6. What are the wireless standards supported by WUSB54GSC?
7. What are the wireless security modes supported by the WUSB54GSC?
8. How do I install the WUSB54GSC adapter to my computer?
9. How do I update the driver of the WUSB54GSC adapter?
10. What should I do if my computer does not recognize the WUSB54GSC adapter?
11. What should I do to get a good signal from the router to my computer using the WUSB54GSC?
The WUSB54GSC is a compact wireless-G USB adapter with SpeedBooster that connects your computer to a wireless network. This adapter also lets you connect to any public wireless hotspots in places such as coffee shops, airports, hotels and convention centers.
No, this adapter does not support WPS.
The LED indicates that the adapter is connected to the network when it lights up green. The light flashes when there is wireless network activity.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
The WUSB54GSC ver.2 supports Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, Windows XP and Vista (32-bit and 64-bit).
The WUSB54GSC supports 802.11b and 802.11g.
The WUSB54GSC supports WEP (64-bit and 128-bit), WPA and WPA2 wireless security modes.
You can run the installation CD that comes with the device or you may download the setup wizard by visiting the Linksys Support website and searching WUSB54GSC in the product search field on the top right corner of the page.
For instructions on how to update the driver of this wireless adapter, click here.
If the computer does not recognize the adapter, try to insert it to a different USB port. It is also advisable to use a USB 2.0 slot. If it is still not recognized by your computer, try to insert it to another computer’s USB port to isolate the problem. You may also try to reinstall the driver; for instructions, click here.
However, if these workarounds still do not work, you may contact Linksys Technical Support for troubleshooting assistance.
Click on the region where you are located for Technical Support contact details:
To get a good signal, ensure that the router is located in an open area and avoid obstructions like microwave, aquarium and thick walls to lessen wireless interference.
NOTE: For tips on how to improve your wireless network connection, click here.