- Connecting to a wireless network using the Wireless Network Site Survey
Under the Wireless tab of the bridge’s web-based setup page, there are two (2) sub-tabs that you can use to connect to a wireless network:
- Basic Wireless Settings – allows you to configure the bridge’s basic wireless and security settings. To know how to configure it manually, click here for instructions. To connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS), click here.
- Wireless Network Site Survey – scans and lists the wireless networks detected by the bridge. This functionality is the same as the method in connecting a computer to an available wireless network.
The steps below will guide you on how to connect to a wireless network using the Wireless Network Site Survey feature.
Access the bridge’s web-based setup page. For instructions, click here.
Click Wireless > Wireless Network Site Survey.
NOTE: The Wireless Network Site Survey window will show the list of the available wireless networks detected. Click the Refresh button if your Wireless Network Name (SSID) does not appear on the list.
Select your router’s Wireless Network Name (SSID) and click Connect.
IMPORTANT: If the network you’re trying to connect is secured like in the example below, proceed to Step 4.
Otherwise, a new screen similar to the image below will appear. Click Connect then your bridge should automatically connect to that network wirelessly.
NOTE: If there are old or previously connected networks showing in the Wireless Network Site Survey, click on the Refresh button and select the correct network you wish to be connected to.
A new screen will appear asking for the wireless password. The password can be WEP, WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal key. Enter your password in the appropriate field and click Connect.
NOTE: The type of network key depends on the Security of the wireless network you’re trying to connect.
- Key 1 field – This requires a WEP key.
- Passphrase field – This prompts for a WPA or WPA2 key.
Wait until the progress bar is complete.
You should now be connected to the wireless network. To check the wireless network details, go to the Status page and click Wireless Network. The Link Status should say Connected.
QUICK TIP: If you are unable to establish connection on your wireless bridge, verify the wireless settings you used and try connecting again.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.