- WRT54G3GV2 FAQ
1. What is the WRT54G3GV2?
The WRT54G3GV2 is a wireless-G router used as a complete all-in-one networking solution for home and small/medium enterprises. With its built-in 4 10/100Mbps auto-sensing Ethernet switch ports, users can link multiple computers to Internet without hassle. The built-in wireless function can let you connect wirelessly with your desktop or notebook computers from up to 300 meters away.
2. Does the device support ADSL/Cable Internet connection sharing?
3. How does the device support wireless WAN via mobile connectivity?
A third party PCMCIA card and Mobile USB modem can be placed into the Mobile Broadband Router or 3G/UMTS Broadband Router.
4. Does the device provide firewall security?
Yes. This router has a built-in advanced firewall engine that can prevent DoS attacks and stops LAN users accessing inappropriate web sites as well as setting the Internet time accessing schedule.
5. Does the WRT54G3GV2 support port forwarding?
6. What wireless LAN security protocols does the device support?
The router supports WEP, WPA, WPA2 and RADIUS.
7. What type of USB mobile data cards does the WRT54G3GV2-ST support?
The router supports Sierra Wireless AC595U, Novatel U720 and Novatel U727.
8. What other features does the WRT54G3GV2 have?
The device acts as a DHCP server and administrators can block specific internal users' Internet access. The router supports NTP (Network Time Protocol) for synchronizing with a real-time server and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).
9. What is the warranty period for the device?
1-year limited warranty.
10. What is the capacity for flash memory allocation?
11. Does the device support VPN Pass-Through?
Yes. The device supports VPN Pass-Through with IPSec ESP, PPTP and L2TP.
12. How do I configure the Auto Connect feature?
You have to access the Web-Based Utility of the router and click on the Setup tab. Then, click on 3G/UMTS Network if you're using WRT54G3GV2-VF or click on Mobile Network if you're using WRT54G3GV2-ST. You would be able to find Auto Connect on the page.
13. Where do I specify websites to be blocked by URL Address?
You have to access the Web-Based Utility of the router and click on the Access Restrictions tab. Then, look for Website Blocking by URL Address.14.
14. What are the IP Address, Username and Password to login to the WRT54G3GV2-ST, WRT54G3GV2-VF and WRT54G3G-EM?
The IP address is 192.168.1.1. The username and password is "admin". For WRT54G3G-EM, leave the username filed blank.
15. Is the antenna on the WRT54G3GV2-ST, WRT54G3GV2-VF and WRT54G3G-EM detachable?
16. What power supply does the WRT54G3GV2-ST, WRT54G3GV2-VF and WRT54G3G-EM use?
External 12V DC, 1.5A for WRT54G3GV2-ST, WRT54G3GV2-VF while for WRT54G3G-EM, power was External 12V DC, 1.0A.
17. What LEDs do the WRT54G3GV2-ST, WRT54G3GV2-VF and WRT54G3G-EM have?
The WRT54G3GV2-ST has Power, Ethernet (1-4), Wireless, Modem Internet and Mobile Internet LEDs.
The WRT54G3GV2-VF and WRT54G3G-EM has Power, Ethernet (1-4), Wireless, Modem Internet and 3G/UMTS Internet LEDs.
18. How can I reset the router to factory defaults?
Press and hold the Reset button for approximately 5 seconds.
19. Are you able to Backup and Restore settings on the router?
20. Can I use both the USB port and PC Card slot at the same time for mobile broadband?
No. The router supports a single mobile broadband device. Do NOT connect both at the same time.
21. Can I remove the USB or data card from the router while it is powered on?
It is not recommended to do so. The appropriate way to remove the data card or USB device is to power off the router first, and then remove the data card or USB device.
22. What Sprint wireless cards are supported?
The wireless cards supported are as below:
USB data cards
- Novatel U727
- Novatel U720
- Sierra Wireless AC595U
- Sierra Wireless Compass 597U
Express Cards (with adapter)
- Novatel EX720
- Sierra Wireless AC597E
- Novatel S720
- Novatel S620
- Pantech PX500
- Sierra Wireless AC595
- Sierra Wireless AC580
22. How do I upgrade the firmware on the router?
Follow the instructions below:
Access the Web-Based Setup of the router.
Click on the Administration tab.
Click on Firmware Upgrade.
Click on Browse to select the firmware upgrade file you've downloaded to your computer. Next, click Start to Upgrade.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.