WUSB54GC Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What type of device is the WUSB54GC?
2. Does the WUSB54GC support Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)?
3. What does the LED on the WUSB54GC indicate?
4. What is the warranty period for the WUSB54GC?
5. What operating systems are supported by the WUSB54GC?
6. What are the wireless standards supported by WUSB54GC?
7. What are the wireless security modes supported by the WUSB54GC?
8. How do I install the WUSB54GC adapter to my computer?
9. How do I update the driver of the WUSB54GC adapter?
10. What should I do if my computer does not recognize the WUSB54GC adapter?
11. What should I do to get a good signal from the router to my computer using the WUSB54GC?
12. Is the WUSB54GC compatible with non-Linksys routers?
The WUSB54GC is a compact Wireless-G USB adapter that connects your computer to a wireless network. This adapter also lets you connect to any public wireless hotspots in places such as coffee shops, airports, hotels and convention centers.
Yes, this adapter supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS).
The LED indicates that the adapter is connected to the network when it lights up green. The light flashes when there is wireless network activity.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
The WUSB54GC v1 and v2 support both Windows XP and Windows Vista. On the other hand, WUSB54GC v3 supports Windows Vista (32-bit only), and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
The WUSB54GC supports 802.11b and 802.11g. wireless standards.
The WUSB54GC supports WEP (64-bit and 128-bit) and WPA wireless security modes.
You can run the installation CD that comes with the device or you may download the setup wizard by visiting the Linksys Support Site and searching WUSB54GC in the product search field on the top right corner of the page.
For instructions on how to update the driver of this wireless adapter, click here.
If the computer does not recognize the adapter, try to insert it to a different USB port. It is also recommended to use a USB 2.0 slot. If it is still not recognized by your computer, try to insert it to another computer’s USB port to isolate the problem. You may also try to reinstall the driver; for instructions, click here.
To get a good signal, ensure that the router is located in an open area and avoid obstructions like microwave, aquarium and thick walls to lessen wireless interference.
NOTE: For tips on how to improve your wireless network connection, click here.
Yes, all WUSB54GC versions work with non-Linksys routers that accommodate G-technology. Compatibility issues with WUSB54GC are usually caused by the computer’s Operating System (OS) that are not supported by specific versions of the adapter.