WUSB100 Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What is the WUSB100?
2. What's the difference between version 1 and version 2 of the WUSB100?
3. What LEDs are available on the WUSB100 v.1 and v.2?
4. What are the dimensions of the WUSB100 (WxHxD)?
5. What is the antenna gain of the WUSB100 v.1 and v.2?
6. How long is the warranty period of the WUSB100 v.1 and v.2?
SETUP AND CONFIGURATION
1. What are the compatible operating systems for the WUSB100 v.1?
2. What are the compatible operating systems for WUSB100 v.2?
3. Will the WUSB100 v.1 and v.2 work with Wireless B and G equipment?
4. Will the WUSB100 v.1 and v.2 work with Wireless-A equipment?
The WUSB100 is a Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter. The adapter connects to your computer via a USB port, leaving your computer's slots available for other purposes. The adapter also lets you connect with any of the growing number of wireless hotspots in public places such as coffee shops, airports, hotels and convention centers.
WUSB100 version 2 has a different ID or housing than version 1. The Wireless Connection Manager included with the version 2 has a different layout than the version 1.
NOTE: WUSB100 version 2 also supports Windows Vista 64 bit edition.
Link (Green) - The LED flashes when there is wireless network activity.
3.86" x 0.39" x 1.10". For WUSB100 v2, the dimension is 2.8" x 0.35" x 0.83".
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
SETUP AND CONFIGURATION
The Setup Wizard CD-ROM will automatically detect the drivers when you run it on Windows Vista. Insert the WUSB100 after the installation is done, and the drivers will be found automatically. To configure the adapter, use Windows Wireless Zero Config.
To configure the WUSB100 you can use the WLAN monitor or Windows Wireless Zero Config. On Windows Vista, you can only use Wireless Zero Config as the WLAN monitor does not work on Windows Vista.
To get the maximum connection speed using the WUSB100 v.1, use the WRT100 as your wireless router. For WUSB100 v.2, use the WRT100 or WRT110 as your wireless router. With Range Plus technology, the throughput can be increased even more by using twice as much radio band.
• WUSB100 v.1 supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64 bit and 128 bit, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA2, and RADIUS.
• WUSB100 v.2 supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64 bit and 128 bit, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2.
Windows 2000 (with minimum requirements), XP, Vista (x86).
Windows XP, Vista (x86), or Vista (x64) editions with the latest driver and firmware updates from Linksys Support site.
Yes. Both versions of the WUSB100 will work with 802.11b and 802.11g devices.
No, both versions of the WUSB100 will not work with 802.11a devices.