How to subscribe to Linksys Aware
Linksys Aware is a premium subscription service that provides whole-home motion detection for tri-band mesh Wi-Fi systems. You can set a sensitivity level matching your home and lifestyle, and get notifications when motion meets or exceeds that level. Linksys Aware requires a tri-band mesh router (parent node) with the Linksys Aware update and at least one child node wirelessly connected to it.
This article will show you how to subscribe to Linksys Aware.
Before you begin:
You will need the following before you can subscribe to Linksys Aware:
- A Linksys tri-band mesh router (parent node) with the latest firmware that supports Linksys Aware
- At least one child node wirelessly connected to the mesh Wi-Fi system
- A mobile device running Linksys app version 2.10.0 or later
- To subscribe to Linksys Aware, check the status of your subscription or use the feature, log in to the Linksys app with an email address and password.
- Only one subscription of Linksys Aware is allowed for one network under one account.
Log in to the Linksys app with an email address and password. On the dashboard screen, tap the Linksys Aware banner or tap on the menu icon then select Linksys Aware.
You can also go to the My Account section of the Linksys app and tap on Learn More.
Select either yearly or monthly subscription and tap on the Start Subscription button to start your 90-day free trial.
You will receive an email verification about your subscription. For iOS, tap Confirm to proceed with your payment.
For Android™, tap BUY to proceed with your payment.
After you subscribe, tap Get Started and answer the necessary questions to set motion sensitivity for your home. You can always change this in the Settings screen later.
NOTE: If you close the app before answering all the questions, the default sensitivity level will be set to 7. You will have to go to the Settings screen to change it.
A sensitivity level will be recommended depending on your answers. However, you may adjust it according to your preferences.
You might be asked if you want to get alerts. Tap Allow, otherwise tap on Not Now.
Your Linksys Aware is now ready to use.