Linksys Launches First Entry Level Ac1750 Mu-mimo Wi-fi Router Ideal for Homes With Lots of Connected Devices
Next Gen AC1750 Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO and Seamless Roaming Allows Multiple Devices to Stream 4K and HD Video Simultaneously
Playa Vista, Calif. – October 13, 2016 – Linksys®, the first to sell 100 million routers globally and a leader in networking solutions for the home and business, today announced the availability of its Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (EA7300). The new Linksys AC1750 MU-MIMO router leverages 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology, which helps ensure uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity to multiple devices in the home and functions as if multiple devices have their own dedicated router. Ideal for homes with multiple users each with their own streaming devices, MU-MIMO functionality helps make Wi-Fi networks more efficient when delivering high bandwidth 4K streams to multiple devices at the same time.
Powered by a dual-core processor and delivering speeds up to 1.7 Gbps*, the AC1750 is also equipped with seamless roaming. When paired with a Max-Stream range extender, such as the Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1900 Range Extender (RE7000), this technology enables client devices to roam around the home always connected to the optimal access point, either router or range extender, seamlessly without having to manually connect or lose connection. Seamless roaming works much the same way devices work in an office environment where users can move room to room, floor to floor, always staying connected to the office Wi-Fi connection. Another advantage of seamless roaming is a single network name (also known as SSID) for the entire network, making it easier to always stay connected to the best Wi-Fi signal.
"Linksys has introduced the largest range of Wi-Fi products that support 802.11 Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology," said Justin Doucette, director product management, Linksys. "Our latest MU-MIMO enabled product is the AC1750 Max-Stream router and includes Linksys' unique seamless roaming technology that creates a whole home Wi-Fi experience by providing multiple access points with a single network name and single password. The AC1750 Max-Stream router is an affordable entry point into next gen AC Wi-Fi with the option to expand to seamless roaming with a Max-Stream range extender."
The EA7300 features:
- Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi – 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO Technology for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connections to multiple devices at the same time
- Dual-band AC1750 Wireless speeds up to 1300 Mbps 5 GHz + 450 Mbps 2.4GHz, which is a combined speed up to 1.7 Gbps*
- Seamless Roaming†: To enable Seamless Roaming, pair a Max-Stream Router with a Max-Stream Range Extender (RE7000). The intuitive technology lets users move freely in and outside their home without dropping a Wi-Fi signal.
- Four Gigabit LAN Ethernet ports and One Gigabit WAN for wired speeds up to 10x faster than fast Ethernet
- Dual-Core CPU
- One USB 3.0 port for connecting printers, storage and more
- Three external and adjustable antennas for maximum coverage
- Manage and monitor your network and easily control your Wi-Fi router remotely on a smart phone with the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app
- Get real-time info about your Wi-Fi network.
- Give your guests what they want–access to your Wi-Fi.
- Control your kids' Wi-Fi usage.
- See all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Advanced WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall helps keep the network safe
The Linksys AC1750 MU-MIMO router will help address buffering issues customers are having today and into the future with 4K content. Check out the MU-MIMO video on the Linksys YouTube page found here.
Pricing and Availability
The new Linksys WRT3200ACM MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router is available for presale starting today at the Linksys.com store and Amazon, and will be available in stores in the coming week at BestBuy, Amazon.com, Linksys.com, Newegg, Staples, Office Depot, Fry's, P.C. Richard & Son and Microcenter at an MSRP of $149.99.
The full line of Linksys MU-MIMO next-gen wireless AC technology solutions:
The WRT1200AC is added to the list of more than 60 Linksys routers introduced since it pioneered the router in 1999. Linksys recently announced it has sold more than 100 Million routers and has become part of an elite group of consumer electronics manufacturers to have a device hit that milestone number.
EA7300 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router – $149.99
EA7500 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router – $199.99
EA8500 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC2600 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router – $249.99
EA9500 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router – $399.99
WRT3200ACM – Linksys AC3200 WRT Gigabit MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router – $249.99
RE7000 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender – $149.99
WUSB6100M – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC600 Wi-Fi Micro USB Adapter – $49.99
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class technology, design, and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. Linksys is part of Belkin International. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or watch us on YouTube.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. An active, customer-purchased Internet Service Provider broadband account is required for connection of this router and other connected computers and devices to the Internet. Some devices may require additional wireless adapters or an Ethernet cable to connect to this router.
Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance may vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range, and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including products used, interference, and other adverse conditions. In order to achieve the best performance, router must be used with a compatible AC1300 wireless device.
* The standard transmission rates—1300 Mbps (for 5 GHz) and 450 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz)—are the physical data rates. Actual data throughput will be lower and may depend on the mix of wireless products used and external factors.†Seamless Roaming is designed for devices that support the 802.11k standard including but not limited to iPhone (4s and later), iPad Pro, iPad Air and later, iPad mini and later, iPad (3rd generation and later), iPod touch (5th generation and later), Samsung S4 (Android 4.2.2/4.4.2), Samsung S5 (Android 4.4.2), and Samsung S6 (Android 5.0.2). For more information on supported Windows and other devices, please check with your device manufacturer. Seamless Roaming may require the latest Max-Stream firmware. Please check the support page of your Max-Stream router for more details.
© 2016 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Linksys and many product names and logos are trademarks of the Belkin International. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.